Blayne Banting, DMin, PhD
Associate Professor of Preaching and Christian Ministry
Preaching and Christian Ministry
Knowing what you don't know is as important as knowing what you do know - you know?
Education is formation. Through it we are informed, reformed and transformed. Together in a community of senior and junior learners, we hold each other accountable while the Spirit does His work in us.
Born and raised in Saskatchewan, I have grown up cheering for the Roughriders (even when that has been painful). I am married to Peggy and we have four children. I am also lead pastor of Caronport Community Church.
PhD 2009 Trinity Seminary/Canterbury Christ Church University
DMin 1998 Acadia Divinity College/Acadia University
M.A. 1990 Lincoln Christian Seminary
MDiv 1987 Canadian Theological Seminary (Ambrose)
BRE 1978 Alberta Bible College
- Take Up and Preach: A Primer for Interpreting Preaching Texts, Wipf and Stock, 2016
- With Wit and Wonder: A Preacher's Use of Humour and Imagination, Resource Publications, 2013
- "Tolle Praedice: A Form-Sensitive Model for the Interpretation of Preaching Pericopae" PhD dissertation Trinity Seminary/Canterbury Christ Church University, 2009
- "Proclaiming the Messiah's Birth: A Rhetorico-contextual Model for the Interpretation and Proclamation of Humour in Selected Gospel Sayings" DMin thesis Acadia Divinity College/ Acadia University, 1998
- "The Hermeneutics of Modern Dispensationalism" - MA thesis Lincoln Christian Seminary, 1990