Scholarships and Bursaries
Dates and Deadlines
For students attending the 2021-22 academic year.
- Application opening: April 1, 2021
- Submit your application through our online form (coming soon)
- Application deadline: April 30, 2021
- Apply online
Award letters will be emailed by May 31, 2021. Only scholarship recipients will receive notification.
- Students applying for scholarships must submit the application by the stated deadline.
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Applicants must be registered for and complete 18 credit hours during the academic year. Preference given to on-campus courses. Enrolment in less than 18 credit hours per year will result in termination of the award.
- Students must maintain good standing in the year the award is given.
- Student must meet criteria for the specific scholarship or bursary.
Financial Awards available to Seminary students only*
BBS Student Assistance Bursary - $2,500
- for a student with financial need
Helen Goertz International Student Award - $1,500
- for an international student with financial need.
James and Mary Miller Memorial Bursary - $1,000
- for a student with financial need who has demonstrated a commitment to pastoral care and ministry.
Schnare/Oickle Memorial Bursary - $1,000
For a student who demonstrates servanthood and leadership qualities with preference given to those from the Atlantic provinces.
* Note - not all scholarships/bursaries are awarded every year
Financial awards available to College and Seminary students
Joseph Chung Award - $3,000
For a student who has demonstrated a commitment to missionary service or ministry to people with special needs.
Melvin G. Ralston Bursary - $2,675, 2 available
For a student with financial need.
Briercrest Opportunity Fund - $2,000, 2 available
Available to a full-time student who has demonstrated an active life of service to his or her community and has financial need.
Robert and Janet Adam Memorial Bursary - $1,200
Available to a student family continuing student with preference given to students in either the Biblical Studies or Theological Studies program; and who demonstrates financial need; and who is preparing for full time Christian service.
Bill and Esther McGregor Bursary - $1,125
For a student with financial need who plans to serve in full-time pastoral ministry, missionary ministry, or Christian Service.
Jan Tennent Memorial Scholarship - $550
For a student with financial need studying theology.
Financial awards available to Briercrest Christian Academy, Briercrest College, and Seminary students
Marie Oman Memorial Bursary - $2,000
Available to an Aboriginal Student (First Nations, including non-status, Inuit, and Metis) with demonstrated financial need.
Jolly Family Bursary - $2,000, 2 available
For a college or seminary aboriginal student (First Nations including non-status, Inuit, and Metis) with financial need.
Back to Briercrest
Alumni are eligible for a free audit each year. To apply for the discount, complete and submit the
Back to Briercrest Scholarship Form.
Married Student Discount
Spouses of full-time students are eligible for a discount in the tuition costs per semester. See the full details for the Married Student Discount, including directions to apply for the discount.
Ministry Partnership Award
The Ministry Partnership Award is a partnership agreement between students, their churches, and Briercrest. It is open to Master of Divinity and Master of Christian Ministries students. Each partner pays one third of the tuition costs to make ministry training even more affordable. To apply for the award, complete and submit the Ministry Partnership Award Application Form.
Senior Citizen Tuition Discount
Students who are 65+ years of age are eligible to audit a course for free or take a course for credit at a discounted tuition rate. If this is your first course with us, please begin the application process by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for the discount, complete and submit the
Senior Citizens Tuition Discount Application Form