The Archibald Library is committed to supporting the mission of Briercrest College and Seminary through the provision of resources, services and a library environment that supports the curriculum, goals, and professional needs of our schools in a way that is characterised by quality and integrity.
Note: This is a one-year term with possibility of extension
- Agreement to live within the Briercrest Institutional Covenant and align with the mission, vision, and values of Briercrest College and Seminary
- A library technician diploma or an office administration certificate, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of two years library or office administration experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; training will be provided on the library Horizon system
- Accuracy and attention to detail including spelling, math, and financial skills
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including effective use of letters, email, phone, and fax
- Ability to work with multiple tasks, tight deadlines, and a high volume of work
- Flexibility with changing workflows and special projects
- The ability to work well as a member of a team
- The ability to lift 12 kg
- Runs the library office including filing, inventory, mail, supplies, records for personnel and operations
- Assists the Library Director with processing invoices and maintaining invoice files
- Deposits all money received by the library to the appropriate library accounts
- Responds to daytime circulation needs, including processing items requested by mail
- Sends library overdue and fine notices to patrons
- Processes items to be placed on reserve
- Maintains inventory and supply of photocopy cards
- Assists in processing book orders and receives and processes new books for the library collection
- Assists in processing book donations and manages surplus/withdrawn book inventory and helps prepare for annual book sale
- Assists the cataloguer by opening, cuttering, and labelling of books
- Assists the Library Director with processing subscription e-book updates and item record clean-up
- Processes periodicals using the library’s Horizon system, including tracking missing issues, dealing with the subscription vendor on all problems, labeling and shelving periodical issues, and compiling and preparing completed volumes for the bindery
- Performs an annual inventory of all library collections
- Assists in collecting regular school publications and files in the archive
- Assists in maintaining an orderly library, including plant care
- Other tasks as assigned by the library director, including assisting in the Briercrest Bookstore during peak service times (typically the first week of each semester)
- The Library Assistant reports to the Library Director.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents by email to the Human Resources office at email@example.com.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.